Briam or Tourlou-Tourlou
Preparation: 15 '
Degree of Difficulty: Easy
It is one of the best and finest summer foods that makes use of all the vegetables you have: peppers in all colors, carrots, onions fresh and dried, a few cloves of garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, aubergines, potatoes, if you like, and beans , okra, even some broccoli or cauliflower bouquets. It will be perfect!
This is a classic recipe from Chania Crete for traditional briam in the oven. The easiest and fastest top summer food. I love briam with feta cheese and fresh bread.
- 4 eggplants flasks
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- 3 kinds of sweet peppers (eg Florin, Horn and Orange)
- 1/2 hot pepper fresh or 3-4 dried chillies or boukovo
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 ripe and firm tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoon mint chopped
- 2 tablespoon Chopped basil
- 2 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup White wine
- Freshly ground pepper
For the traditional oven briam, preheat the oven to 200 ° C in air and resistors. After washing and cleaning the vegetables, cut the eggplants into 6 pieces, zucchini in 6 (as large bites), 4-5 cm (they will reduce in baking), tomatoes in 4 and potatoes as in 6 Put the vegetables mixed in a deep baking dish of 34 or 36 cm.
Grate the garlic with olive oil in a blender and sprinkle the food, salt and pepper and sprinkle with the herbs. Mix it with your hands or with two spoons. Sprinkle with water (don't worry, the vegetables will get wet).
Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake 40΄-45΄ for the first half hour covered. Then we unravel it. Briam is a food that is served lukewarm or at room temperature. Serve it with a nice feta cheese and crisp rustic bread.
- Half the game to make crispy and tasty vegetables in my briar is done BEFORE cooking and it is about the size of each vegetable to be cut separately so that they can stand after cooking.
- Those that tend to soften and dissolve in cooking should be cut into large pieces such as eggplant, zucchini and onions, and those that tend to stand should be cut thin, such as carrot and potato.
- I use no water in the pan, except white wine and olive oil.
- Briam or Tourlou-Tourlou is a traditional vegan recipe of Mrs. Evangelia. But, if you add a country village sausage to it, then you have a completely different recipe that will take you off !!!!
And now it is the time to laid-back at the balcony of Lotos Apartments and enjoy your Tourlou-Tourlou with a glass of fine white wine!